- This topic has 15 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 3 days, 23 hours ago by Sergio Terrazas.
February 14, 2023 at 12:19 pm #94032Casey LeeKeymaster
Woohoo Spring 2023 Mentorship is here!
If you could, please take 3-5 minutes and give me the details- I’d love to learn a little bit about you and your coaching practice
1) Who are you?
2) Where are you currently coaching?
3) What type/age athlete do you work with?
4) What are you most excited to learn about in this mentorship?February 17, 2023 at 1:09 pm #94067Francisco CordovaParticipant
1. My name is Frank and I’m a career firefighter with previous experience in personal training. I work tactical populations but find myself wanting to get into high school coaching.
2. Currently, I coach out of my organization and freelance on my own.
3. I mostly work with Middle Aged men.
4. Im most excited to learn and update my skills in sports performanceFebruary 17, 2023 at 2:20 pm #94074Garrett SimpsonParticipant
1) My Name is Garrett, I am a former college football player and athlete. I have been personal/group training for about 8 years now.
2) I coach independently primarily in San Mateo CA
3) I work with people of all ages ranging from 8-75. But my primary focus is Developing youth and high school age athletes.
4) I am most excited to learn! I want to continue to grow my knowledge for training and I want to learn from the best. I mostly want to grow my programming and testing athletes metrics.February 18, 2023 at 2:31 am #94077Kathleen GrinvalskyParticipant
I’m Kathy. My own personal experience as an athlete involves a mixture of martial arts, boxing, roller derby and being a “gym rat”/movement enthusiast for well over 20+ years. I have a BS in Athletic Training (no longer practicing as one); formerly certified as a personal trainer (had signed a contract with a local sports performance center here in Maine but within week one.. Covid.. it shut everything down – including my career at said performance center); currently work at a physical therapy clinic with a wide range of ages and injuries. While it brings me much satisfaction helping people in this setting, I have my sights set on working as a Performance Coach (finally!). I am MOST eager to learn all things fascia but really want to fine-tune my assessment and programming skills. Every topic on here has me excited but those are the ones that I’m ready to sink my teeth into.I am looking forward to learning alongside you all.February 19, 2023 at 10:08 pm #94080Frankie RomoParticipant
1) My name is Frankie Romo but widely go by “Rome” (either is fine), and I am a former football and basketball player that has been coaching primarily football for the past 10 years. I also have a background in PT, having worked in both club and private settings over the past 14 years.
2) I am currently coaching in northern California in a youth football program, as well as for my private LLC.
3) I typically work with football players between the ages of 8-18.
4) It’s difficult to choose one thing I am most excited to learn, but I’m particularly interested in learning more about maximizing acceleration to help my athletes and players create more separates out of cuts and breaks.February 21, 2023 at 2:16 pm #94099Hugo BrambilaParticipant
My Name is Hugo Brambila.
I’ve coached out of my own training facility is Sacramento Ca For the past 11 Years.
We currently have 2 programs Adult Training and Youth Strength and conditioning.
We are specifically working with Soccer Players.
I’ve followed and attended Bill’s talks over the years at many Perform Better Seminars. Im excited to learn everything you guys do with your athletes.March 4, 2023 at 10:17 pm #94256Clarissa HinojoParticipant
Hi! My name is Clarissa & I am a former collegiate athlete & soccer coach, but am one year into the strength & conditioning profession.
I am currently coaching in Dallas, TX working with all ages from 7-65, but really want to focus primarily on youth-collegiate players.
I am most excited to learn about all aspects of the mentorship & putting more tools in my coaching toolbox, but mostly on programming & coaching small & large groups of athletes! I look forward to gaining a ton of knowledge!March 5, 2023 at 2:31 pm #94257Sean DunkleParticipant
Hello, my name is Sean. I have 3 boys aged 6-14 that all play different individual sports. In our journey thus far, I have realized how little I actually know about how to help them build any type of training program outside of what I’ve personally always done. After reading your book and watching some youtube videos, I truly believe that your approach to training will help me learn how to teach them how to best apply their training time & efforts. Thank youMarch 6, 2023 at 2:36 am #94266Tetsu SuwabeParticipant
1. Whats up! I’m Tetsu. I’m a licensed PTA but currently work as a manual therapist and a personal trainer at cash based PT practice in LA.
2 I coach personal training clients that come to our facility
3 I work mostly with middle age men and women
4 I’m excited to learn the ins and outs of speed development!March 7, 2023 at 12:49 am #94368Clayton IvieParticipant
1. Hello coaches! My name is Clayton, and I am from O’Fallon, Missouri. I graduated from the University of Missouri in May of 2022, and I am still living in Columbia, MO. I left my position as a high school math teacher to pursuing coaching full time!
2. I work at Parisi Speed School COMO, under Coach Chad Coy.
3. I typically work with high school ages athletes from various sports.
4. I am excited to connect with other coaches within the Parisi network!March 7, 2023 at 10:37 am #94369Evan BaldwinParticipant
1) My name is Evan I recently graduated from the University of Florida.
2) I work as a Sports Performance specialist at a Sports Med Clinic in Indiana.
3) I work with middle school, high school, and a few college athletes.
4) I am exited to learn new movements and exercises/warm ups that will benefit the athletes performance. I am also excited to sharpen myself up and learn how to cue athletes better.March 7, 2023 at 9:48 pm #94392Morris MitchellParticipant
1) Hey, my name is Morris Mitchell. I’m from Kansas City, MO.
2) I’m currently coaching for my own business, PLAY Sports/athletics LLC.
3) I train youth sports performance (non sport specific).
4) I’m excited about learning how to deliver a higher quality program to my athletesMarch 9, 2023 at 11:01 am #94409Casey LeeKeymaster
A huge THANK YOU to all who gave an introduction so far. It’s super helpful to get a quick glimpse of everyone’s background – plus it’s nice to know why you’re here and what you are looking to get out of this mentorship program!
I’m looking forward to connecting with everyone further on this afternoons coaching call!March 10, 2023 at 12:46 pm #94421Alana VezzaParticipant
My name is Alana, I am a former college athlete and currently am a Certified Personal Trainer- I work mainly in group fitness. I also coach 2 travel softball teams and run the softball organization’s strength & conditioning program in the ‘offseason’ of November/ December.
In group fitness I work with all ages ranging from 14-75. I coach a 10u and 14u travel softball team, and work with athletes ranging from 7 years old-16 years old.
As a softball player, I participated in speed and agility lessons, and became a faster runner & better softball player because of it. So, I am excited to learn the ins and outs of speed training to bring to my aspiring college athletes.March 25, 2023 at 8:06 am #94539Declan MonaghanParticipant
My name is Declan. I live in Galway, Ireland. I am a coach developer. I am currently coaching coaches. I am also coaching youth and seniors. I work mostly with youth and female athletes. I am currently setting up a speed and agility business coaching speed and agility to all sports. Although I have completed several courses up to now I am looking forward to new ideas to incorporate into my speed and agility programs.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.