Performance Evaluation (All Ages)
Until an athlete knows his or her current level of ability, it is impossible to realistically create goals and monitor progress.
The Performance Evaluation is critical to every athlete in our program for four main reasons:
- Assesses the current level of an athlete’s ability.
- Allows for proper grouping of the athlete in our program.
- Allows for the proper exercise prescription to be developed.
- Allows us to record and monitor progress while in our program.
This aspect of our program is what we consider the most important. Without understanding individual strengths and weaknesses of you or your athlete, you cannot be sure that you are working on the right needs in training.
The Six key areas of athletic performance measured are as follows:
1. Acceleration is measured with the 10-Yard Dash
2. Sprinting ability is measured with the 20-Yard Dash
3. Explosive Power is measured with the Vertical Jump
4. Agility and Quickness is determined with the 5/10/5 Agility Shuttle Drill
5. Horizontal Power and Agility are measured with our 5 Hops Test
6. Relative Upper Body Strength is measured with Chin-Ups
Track your athlete’s progress! Our parents download an app to their smartphone to track their athlete’s progress, starting with the evaluation and our monthly testing sessions.