METHOD METABOLIC TESTING
Medicine and Exercise both strive to provide you with your path to maximize health and physical performance; but the connection between the two can be difficult to understand. This often leads towards inefficient and ineffective exercise prescription and programs.
With METHOD; Exercise and medicine can work together! METHOD allows us to look at an individual’s unique metabolic fingerprint at the cellular level. What this allows us to do is to prescribe the best training protocol for individuals based on their test, allowing one to optimize their physical performance in every aspect in life. The OA Performance Center is the Only facility North of New Jersey utilizing this cutting edge technology!
The METHOD software and CRA Testing is intended to be used by trained, certified health professionals for the purpose of optimizing weight loss, enhancing athletic performance, preventing injury, improving exercise results, and maximizing recovery.
WHO CAN BENEFIT?
Everyone can benefit by incorporating METHOD into their exercise program/prescription.
- Athletes trying to increase sports performance
- Patients recovering from a medical condition/injury
- Those who are trying to live a healthy life style
- Post-Op & Pre-Op patients
- Weight Loss Individuals
In order to determine an individual’s metabolic fingerprint; the participant must complete the METHOD CRA-Testing Protocol. METHOD CRA is an incremental exercise test used to determine your Prime, Anaerobic, and Peak heart rate zones. You can then use these heart rate zones to maximize the benefits of your workout while avoiding injury.
- Prime: the point where your body is most efficient and the place where you are most likely to realize performance improvements. When you are in your Prime Zone, your body is maximizing its use of oxygen and is burning the greatest amount of fat as a fuel source.
- Anaerobic: your body is exclusively using stored carbohydrates and is no longer burning body fat.
- Peak: Exercising in your Peak Zone significantly increases the risk of injury and can decrease performance. When you are in your Peak Zone, your body is depleted of stored fuels and actually begins burning muscle mass. Therefore, the Peak Zone is your top end for developing output (intervals, lifting or high intensity work).
WHAT TO EXPECT
- 60 min session to include setup, testing, and review of results.
- Graded incremental exercise test following a specific protocol that will provide a metabolic profile.
- Key cellular bio-markers will be measured
- Test Results of your unique metabolic fingerprint.
Call (207) 710-5509 for more information or to schedule your test
You can also email Stan Skolfield at [email protected]