I started coaching movement and fitness in the winter of 2017 when my youngest child was four. At the time there were not a lot of active options with a focus on general sports movement for a four-year-old in the local community. I decided to start a program called We Got Game Fitness through our town’s recreational council that has morphed into Velocity Youth Plus.
As I continued my education around training youth I learned that the landscape has changed. Kids today have far greater distractions that can keep them from being active. There seems to be more of a need for trained coaches today than in the past to offer a fitness/sports experience that can keep youth engaged and coming back for more.
The program has been a big success for our local youth. I have two additional children that have also participated in the programing I offer which has led to a huge increase in their movement literacy.
I could not do what I do without the support of my awesome wife.
- Certified Personal Trainer-ACE & NCSF
- Certified Strength Coach-NCSF
- Youth Exercise Specialist-NASM
- Corrective Exercise Specialist-NASM & The Biomechanics Method
- FMS-Functional Movement Screen
- FCS-Functional Capacity Screen
- Sports Conditioning Specialist-ACE
- Performance Specialist-EXOS
- Performance Enhancement Specialist-NASM
- Speed & Agility Coach-IYCA & NSPA
- Precision Nutrition-Level 1
- USA Weightlifting Level 1
- Hold coaching licenses in Soccer, Football, Basketball & Wrestling
- 300 plus hours in continuing education
- Parisi Speed School Performace Coach
- National E, F, D Licenses. Grassroots 9v9 and 4v4 Licenses
- United Soccer Coaches Courses-Goalkeeping Level 1, Get aHead Safley, Foundations of Coaching, Small Sided Games, Defending Principles of Play, Attacking Principles of Play, Key Moments in the Game, 11v11 formations and Systems of Play, Creating Talent.