Dr. Stuart McGill authored 240+ scientific journal papers and mentored over 40 graduate students during this scientific journey. As a consultant, he has provided expertise on low back injury to various government agencies, many corporations and legal firms and professional international athletes and teams worldwide. He has directed the recovery of injured athletes to many championships and records.
Brian Carroll is a world-class powerlifter with over a decade of elite, world-class lifting under his belt. Coming back from a devastating back injury in 2009 that broke multiple bones and compiled with years of destructive mistreatment to his body, most experts said he would never recover. Nonetheless, Brian returned to the pinnacle of world-class lifting, while successfully becoming 100% pain and symptom-free. He is now dedicated to helping others avoid the same mistakes that he made through seminars, speaking engagements, courses and private and group coaching.
In this presentation, Dr. Stuart McGill and Brian Carroll will discuss:
- Stiffness and mobility: Essential role of core stability for distal athleticism
- Muscle pulsing for speed-strength athleticism
- Building training capacity with spine hygiene and programming
- Assessment: understand injury and pain mechanisms, tuning the body with individual program design
- Programming: Essential drills and progressions Hands-on Practical
- Assessment technique, pulse production, training technique