Audience: Ages 11-15
Focus: Build an early foundation of strength and understanding of body mechanics
Perfect for the beginner athlete, the Basic Strength program introduces strength training concepts with an emphasis on proper form, movement patterns, bodyweight resistance training, progressive programming and injury prevention. This program develops the foundation for an athlete’s relative strength while teaching optimal body mechanics in a safe, fun environment.
A common myth is that resistance or weight training is dangerous for young athletes. Current medical research has found that nothing could be further from the truth. Youth resistance training helps athletes:
- Develop motor skills, understand muscle mechanics and become more coordinated, stable and strong
- Strengthen bones, muscles, ligaments and tendons
- Decrease chance of injury on the field
- Understand proper technique and form
- Build self-esteem
Audience: Ages 13-22
Focus: Sport-specific strength training for those aspiring to compete at the highest levels
As a component of our advanced programming, Advanced Strength provides a sport-specific protocol for the high-level athlete to develop strength in areas that will directly transfer to their chosen sport. This high-level training pushes athletes to the next level, giving them a competitive edge as they prepare to compete at the high school, collegiate, Olympic or professional level.
Properly programmed strength training is a crucial element in developing blazing speed for today’s athlete. A term we like to use at Parisi is training athletes to be “strong enough” – building enough strength relative to body weight. Athletes in Advanced Strength will:
- Strengthen knowledge of body mechanics and movement patterns
- Reinforce understanding of the proper form for the squat, deadlift, bench press and more
- Perform properly progressed and regressed movements as well as program variations for optimal strength development and athletic performance