When: Wednesday, August 9, 2017 from 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM EDT
Where: Sparta Health and Wellness, 89 Sparta Avenue ‘First Floor Conference Room, Sparta, NJ 07871
Often times coaches are the first to arrive to an athlete in medical distress. Depending on the location of the sporting event, sometimes coaches have to care for an athlete for an extended period of time before a medical professional arrives.
This program will help coaches and parents prepare to care for an athlete who is having a potentially life threatening event until help arrives.
- Dean Padavan, MD, Sports Medicine Physician, Team Internist, NY Jets
- Danielle Palestina, ATC, CMA, Athletic Trainer
By the end of the event, attendees should be able to:
- Identify the signs and symptoms of common medical emergencies
- Manage common medical emergencies until a medical professional arrives
- Apply prevention tips to avoid situations where athletes could develop a condition that becomes a medical emergency
- Create an emergency action plan specific to your sport
- Demonstrate a basic understanding for first aide.