Coaching Is About Teaching The Right Fundamentals
Parisi Method 4 (PM4) is another revolutionary approach from Bill Parisi. PM4 incorporates four fundamental and essential elements that are proven to be game-changers for coaches who are serious about team training, reducing the chance of injury, reaching their physical potential, all while building confidence and bolstering team unity.
The Foundation of PM4 Team Training
Active Dynamic Warm-Up
Most athletes confuse slow, static stretching with a real warm-up routine. They aren’t the same – not even close! That’s why we created our Active Dynamic Warm-Up to assist coaches and athletes to gain the knowledge they need to maximize performance. While this phase is the cornerstone of PM4, it can also serve as a complete stand-alone conditioning session, as well as an assessment tool.
The Active Dynamic Warm-Up focuses on specific exercises using dynamic muscular movements to increase body core temperature and blood flow. When this 15-20 minute warm-up is used consistently throughout the year, your athletes will notice a significant increase in stability, strength, flexibility, coordination, endurance and team unity – all necessary skills needed when they’re on the field.
When properly executed, the Active Dynamic Warm-Up sets the stage for a more powerful and successful straining program over time.
Movement Skill Methods
Parisi Movement Skill Methods concentrate on four areas important to a strong and powerful foundation, designed to serve your athletes in a variety of sports and physical activities for years to come. To ensure athletes get the most out of their workouts, we will teach them our methods of improving speed and the biomechanics behind them with attention to detail.
- Deceleration: The ability to decelerate properly is a learned skill and a must for injury prevention., Our methods place great emphasis on proper and efficient eccentric contractions that reduce the force, and thus, less strain on joints, tendons and ligaments.
- Acceleration: Applying a fast, powerful force into the ground to overcome one’s inertia and putting that force in the proper direction is key to maximizing acceleration.
- Change of Direction: This is all about center of gravity management. Great athletes understand the relationship between their base of support and the center of gravity.
- Maximum Speed: Your athletes will increase their speed when they focus on increasing their stride length and frequency. They will learn how to have each foot come on and off the ground faster.
Strength & Power Development
The third part of PM4 is another four-step process that targets the muscular and nervous systems in order to create strength, power and join stabilization throughout the body. Our methods will give your athletes the necessary skills to move their body weight most efficiently for improved performance.
- Lower Body: We will utilize exercises that maximize strength of the lower body and lower core to build stabilization and endurance in the spine and hip musculature.
- Upper Body: We will direct exercises focused on unilateral and bilateral compound movements using dumbbell, barbell, kettlebell, medicine ball, sandbag and partner movements.
- Core Strength: A strong, stabilized core is critical to every movement your athletes make on the field. Core training is addresses in all four parts of this program with highly-specialized exercises emphasized in this section.
- Power Development: Repetitive training and learning how to apply force quickly through plyometrics training means all the difference in creating explosive power.
The final phase of PM4 is for athletes who want to reach an athletic potential that they may not be aware exists within themselves. The Parisi Total Conditioning Method will show you how to get your athletes to exert a lot of power over extended periods of time.
You’ll discover how our emphasis on building local muscular endurance through bodyweight builds incredible toughness, while our conditioning techniques give them the stamina to outlast the competition.
As a coach, you’ll not only be helping them build muscular endurance and overall stamina, but also boosting their confidence and team unity by working out as a team throughout the year.
Hear About the Parisi Team Training Experience
Building Team Unity in the Offseason
There’s no question that team unity is an extraordinary differentiator among winners in the sporting world. While creating this strong bod among players is not a Parisi methodology, we have found team unity to be a highly-desired outcome of increased performance. But here’s the catch: many coaches overlook the off-season as a time to keep their teams together, connected physically and mentally.
Certified Parisi Sports Performance Coaches work with teams at every level, in all sports.
Get In The Game
If you’re looking for that special edge – an explosive advantage that will get your team faster, stronger and more confident – find a Parisi Speed School near you to learn more. Join the growing ranks of coaches and other fitness professionals who are taking advantage of our team training and conditioning methods that have become nationally recognized as the leader in performance training.