Everything starts with a Performance Evaluation (All Ages)
All athletes are evaluated for ability level so that along with our trainers, they may realistically create goals and monitor progress.
The Performance Evaluation is critical to every athlete in our program for four main reasons:
• It assesses the current level of an athlete’s ability.
• It allows for proper grouping of the athlete in our program.
• Provides a proper exercise prescription to be developed.
• Allows us to record and monitor progress while an athlete is in our program.
During the Evaluation, athletes will be taught our signature dynamic warmup, be examined during our Running Analysis Procedures, and tested with a battery of physical speed and strength tests. After the evaluation, every athlete and parent will meet individually with the head evaluator to review the results. With that information in-hand, the parent and athlete may select an appropriate program to fit the athlete’s needs.
WHAT WE TEST:
• Linear Running Analysis: measures running technique
• 10-Yard Dash: determines acceleration ability
• 20-Yard Dash: determines top speed ability
• Vertical Jump: assesses lower body strength
• 5-Hop Broad Jump: assesses lower body power
• 5-10-5 Agility Test: determines an athlete’s ability to change direction
• Max Chin-Up Test: assesses upper body strength
• Flexibility Test: evaluates range of motion